The ability to stop hair loss most often depends on the underlying cause.
- If taking a certain medication was the cause, stopping the medication would stop the hair loss.
- The most common type of hair loss, androgenic alopecia, usually follows a pattern with hair thinning in the front of the scalp first and progressing on to involve the back and top of the head. This type tends to be progressive.
- Finasteride helps stop hair loss in about 60% of men, and minoxidil decreases hair loss in about 50% of men and women.
Hair transplant -Before and After
- The best prevention of hair loss is early treatment. Research has shown that minoxidil is most useful for people who have been losing hair for less than 5 years.
- A doctor who can help determine if the medications are working and who can watch for side effects of the medications should follow up with people who are being treated with minoxidil or finasteride.
Anti Aging Treatments .blogspot.com