Cosmetic surgery is becoming increasingly popular these days because more and more people are yearning to acquire a flawless appearance and a perfectly alluring figure.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), nearly 11.5 cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures were performed during the year 2007 in the United States.
Mentioned below is the list of ten most popular cosmetic surgical procedures:
- Breast augmentation (breast enlargement) is also known as augmentation mammoplasty. It is a surgical procedure which involves the use of implants to increase the size of the breasts or to restore the breast volume, which is usually lost after weight reduction or pregnancy or to reconstruct a breast immediately after mastectomy or after a serious injury to the breast, which is not just superficial.
- Breast lift is also known as mastopexy and is performed on sagging and drooping breasts to firm them up. It is a surgical procedure wherein the excess skin is removed and the surrounding tissue tightened in order to reshape and support the new breast contour.
- Breast reduction is also known as reduction mammoplasty. It involves removal of excess skin and excess surrounding tissues from the breast to reduce its size.
- Facelift or a Neck lift treatments which typically involves correcting excessively suspended cheeks, defining the jaw line and removing excess skin from the neck area by a surgical procedure which involves re-suspending and removing excess stretched tissue from the affected area.
- Eyelid lift, also known as blepharoplasty , corrects drooping eyelids and puffy bags from under the eyes.
- Nose reshaping, also known as rhinoplasty, changes the size and shape of the nose either to improve facial appearance or for correcting any defects in the functionality of the nose.
- Chin augmentation is for those who are not happy with the size and shape of their chin.
- Brow lift eliminates wrinkles in the brow and forehead and provides a youthful appearance to the face.
- Liposuction removes unwanted fat from different parts of the body by means of suction.
- Tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin from the abdominal area and makes the tummy firm and flat.
Cosmetic Surgery- Meryl Streep
Anti Aging Treatments .blogspot.com