Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Anti Aging

Anti aging addresses how to prevent, slow, or reverse the effects of aging and help people live longer, healthier, happier lives. It includes scientific research and applications in genetic engineering, tissue engineering, and other medical advances, e.g., finding treatments and cures for Alzheimer’s disease. It includes anti-aging psychology, e.g., coping skills for resiliently handling change, stress, and aging. Life extension is the part of anti-aging focused on living as long as possible.

Anti Aging Woman

Anti Aging Woman


Life extension refers to an increase in maximum or average lifespan, especially in humans, by slowing down or reversing the processes of aging. Average lifespan is determined by vulnerability to accidents and age-related afflictions such as cancer or cardiovascular disease. Extension of average lifespan can be achieved by good diet, exercise and avoidance of hazards such as smoking and excessive eating of sugar-containing foods.


Maximum lifespan is determined by the rate of aging for a species inherent in its genes and probably by certain environmental factors. Currently, the only widely recognized method of extending maximum lifespan is calorie restriction. Theoretically, extension of maximum lifespan can be achieved by reducing the rate of aging damage, by periodic replacement of damaged tissues, or by molecular repair or rejuvenation of deteriorated cells and tissues.


Anti Aging Life

Anti Aging Life


The anti-aging marketplace includes nutrition, physical fitness, skin care, hormone replacements, vitamins, supplements, and herbs. Alternative medicine and holistic approaches have often been an incubator for approaches initially shunned by traditional medicine.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Great Article for anti-aging tips. Although I am still in my 20's, my mother imparted some wisdom on me that will carry me into my 40's and 50's. She told me to start taking care of my skin now while I'm healthiest. She shared with me the difficulties she has had getting rid of wrinkles, dark circles and lines. My mother wanted to stress how important it is to begin fighting the aging process early on. I definitely plan to moisturize and take as many preventative measures as possible. Thanks for the information.

Jennifer said...

This is important to me because I watched my grandmother suffer with Alzheimer's disease. It was incredibly painful to watch her lose control of her memory. I am glad there are people who have dedicated their lives to finding a way to prevent and relieve the pain that aging can cause. Hopefully the scientific community can find a cure before my child ages. I don't want the younger generation to suffer through these horrible diseases and it's our responsibility to begin the path of healing.

Jennifer said...

This is important to me because I watched my grandmother suffer with Alzheimer's disease. It was incredibly painful to watch her lose control of her memory. I am glad there are people who have dedicated their lives to finding a way to prevent and relieve the pain that aging can cause. Hopefully the scientific community can find a cure before my child ages. I don't want the younger generation to suffer through these horrible diseases and it's our responsibility to begin the path of healing.