Benefits of Rhythmic Breathing:
- Enough increased supply of oxygen
- Re-establishes the body's own natural rhythm
- Helps you to acquire self-confidence, optimism, a calm mind or any other desired quality.
Everything in this universe follow rythmic laws. Our bodies are also subject to rhythmic laws called biorhythms. Deep rhythmic breathing exercise allows the body to re-establish its own natural rhythm and helps to take enough oxygen from environment.
Rhythmic breathing is done in the same way as deep breathing, but it is timed to the rhythm of your heartbeat.
- Sit in lotus pose, if you can't then just sit on the chair. Remember to open your belt, unhook your bra, loosen your girdle or tie if you happen to be wearing any of these items. Keep the spine straight, with hands on knees, and start by taking a few deep breaths, and then stop.
- Now put the second, third and fourth fingers of your right hand on the left wrist to find the pulse. Carefully listen to the pulse beat, and after a short while start counting 1-2-3-4 several times, to the rhythm of the beats.
- Continue mentally counting 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 until you fall into this rhythm and can follow it without holding your pulse. Then put your hands on your knees and take a deep breath while counting 1-2-3-4; hold the breath while counting 1-2; exhale while again counting 1-2-3-4.
- Either you sit on a chair or crossed leg on a floor, let the hands rest on your laps.
- Inhale slowly and deeply for eight seconds. Push your stomach forwards, to a count of four seconds, and then push your ribs sideways for a count of two seconds, and then finally lift your chest and collar bone upwards for a count of two seconds which makes a total of eight seconds.
- Hold breathe for 4 seconds and exhale.
- Exhale slowly for eight seconds. For the first six seconds just allow the collar bone, chest and ribs to relax, so the breath goes out automatically. For the last two seconds, push the stomach in gently, to expel all the air from the lungs.
- Before you take tyhe next breathe, keep the stomach in this position for four seconds.
Start this exercise 3 times a 1st week and continue adding 1 round per week. This will cause your body to release toxins from your tissues into the blood circulation too quickly, resulting in unpleasant symptoms such as headaches, skin rashes and fatigue. The rhythmic breathing exercise can be done on the morning and in the evening.